Friday, August 26, 2011

Puppies!

Most of you probably know that I have a major love for animals...especially baby ones. I love to google images of baby things: lions, tigers, horses, bears, pretty much everything. Okay I don't do this on a regular basis but sometimes I really just love to look at cute little animals. It made me really sad in Madagascar 2 when Alex was a little baby and got separated from his daddy. I was horrified. I can't watch that one commercial for the humane society or whatever it is where it shows close-ups of dogs and cats faces and they look depressed and hurt and Sarah McLachlan's song In the Arms of an Angel is playing in the background. I'm not kidding, it makes me cry like a baby!! I can't watch or hear it playing. Homeward Bound has only been watched one time by me. Oliver & Company makes me cry, the poor little kitten. That one tiger movie about the brother tigers, yeah that one was a tear jerker. In war movies, I always feel way more sorry for the horses that die or get injured than the people. The horses get no say in the matter, they are just forced to ride straight into battle. So not fair.

Where is this going? Well, one of my lifelong dreams came true this week. I have held brand new puppies. Mathew's sister's dog had puppies on Monday. I was over at their house husking more corn than I've ever seen in my life and all of a sudden, I heard that the dog just had a puppy! I was so psyched. It was so cute and I just wanted to hold it. She ended up with 7 puppies and I can't get enough of them. Most everyone else thinks they're boring because they still haven't opened their eyes and can't do anything. This is true. But I have never experienced new born puppies and I am fascinated and in love. I want to absorb every second I can with those cute little things. If only our apartments allowed pets. Anyone want to babysit a puppy for us for like a year? I want a puppy or a kitten so bad.

Oh also...yesterday I got charged by a hobo spider. It FREAKED me out!

3 comments:

  1. I'm totally the same way about animals! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, little tenderfoot Candace! I'm glad you have a soft spot in your heart for little innocent animals, it's very sweet. you can get a puppy one day when you don't have to worry about lame landlords and apartment rules.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very much looking forward to that day of no landlords. I just want an animal!

    ReplyDelete