Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Birthday Bash

I turned 21 on Sunday and it was the best birthday ever! For real. Mathew went all out and worked hard to make it an awesome day. He gave me my first present in the morning which were Gingher sewing shears. I was SO excited! I've been wanting Ginghers for a long time and I can't wait to use them on all my upcoming projects. Later in the day we left for Idaho Falls so he could start working on my birthday cake. He spent so much time on that thing and was determined to make it perfect. I thought he would just dump the M&M's on top but turns out he placed every single M&M on top. Needless to say, there were no leftovers from that cake. It was so good!

Before the cake was unveiled and eaten, however, I got to open presents! Yay! He gave me two more presents: Boy Meets World season 5 (score) and a personalized coupon book that included things like, a clean bathroom, a clean kitchen, a hug, and others that I can't remember right now. I'm psyched to redeem these coupons. His parents gave me this super cute DVD stand because our DVDs are so annoying to find because we don't have a shelf big enough for all of them. I can't wait to set it up. After everyone had cake and left, we played my favorite game, Phase 10. We were all super tired though and didn't quite make it through a whole game but oh well. 

Monday morning I was up at 6 a.m. to finish packing and cleaning our apartment. We had to be out by noon and luckily we had the amazing help of his parents and my mom. Otherwise I don't think we would have made it. His parents took the trailer all the way to Blackfoot after we were done but we just went to Idaho Falls. After I showered and got ready, Mathew blindfolded me and surprised me with another present. I took the blindfold off and we were at the mall! He took me on a mini shopping spree, it was awesome! Then I got blindfolded again later in the evening and we ended up at Johnny Carino's for dinner. Oh heaven. I stuffed myself and could seriously feel a food baby inside of me. Mathew totally spoiled me. I was so shocked at all the surprises and it just made me so happy. Thanks Mathew for making this birthday the best one ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment