Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes

Yesterday was a terrible day. I won't go into details as to why. But I thought that I would make some cupcakes for Mathew to take my mind off things. So, we had a chocolate fudge cake mix and it sounded so good to make some peanut butter frosting to go with them...Reese's anyone? Here is the recipe.

Ingredients:

1 Betty Crocker chocolate cake mix-I used chocolate fudge
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and get your cupcake liners ready

2. Mix all the above ingredients until smooth

3. Fill your cupcake liners 2/3-3/4 of the way full and bake for 15 minutes

4. Let them cool and while you wait make this delicious frosting

Frosting Ingredients:

4 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk

1. Mix the cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth and creamy and delicious looking

2. Add the powdered sugar a little bit at a time until spreadable...adding the milk about halfway through

3. Put it in the fridge for one hour and spread on the cupcakes once they are cooled


Even though I'm trying to eat healthier...I still ate one of these and was under my calorie limit. Score! I savored every bite...I don't get to eat stuff like that very often, but it was totally worth it.

1 comment: