Wednesday, April 10, 2013

You Might Laugh...

Or you might be totally grossed out by this post. I hope you laugh. It took me a while to calm down and laugh myself but the laughter did come eventually. Part of me doesn't really know why I am willing to put this on the blogosphere, but the other part feels like it might make it less horrifying and even more comical. I think the second part is crazy but that's the part I am listening to.

I went for my walk today around one o'clock. I was ecstatic that it was less windy and that I was able to walk outside again. About an hour before I left, I ate some lunch and continued to drink water so I wouldn't be crampy during the walk. I started out feeling really good, aside from the fact that it was windier and more chilly than I was expecting. I got about half way through my walk (my route is 1.5 miles total) when I realized I had to go to the bathroom. No big deal, it usually happens when I'm walking so I wasn't concerned, and I just kept going, not that I had a choice. Our neighborhood isn't a circle, it's like a big U shape, so I have to follow the whole route back home, I can't cut across anywhere.

As I was heading back, I passed a couple houses of people I knew and strongly considered stopping to ask to use their bathroom, but I decided that would be too embarrassing and I could hold it until I got home. I started walking a little faster, but that only made my Braxton Hicks even worse, which did not help my ability to hold it, so I slowed down again. By the time I turned the last corner, I knew I was in trouble. Our house is only the third one down, so I picked up the pace again, almost turning it into a jog, just hoping and praying I would make it home. I had quite the hip swing going as I was trying to keep my legs closed by this point. I thought maybe if I called someone, it would take my mind off of the incredible urge. Didn't work. This person didn't answer and as I was putting my phone back in my pocket, the urge to pee hit me hard. I was not going to make it home. I was at the front of my neighbor's house, probably 10 feet from the edge of our yard. So close, but definitely too far to mean anything. I stopped to try and make a conscious effort to stop my bladder from releasing. I tried really hard, but within 2 seconds, I was peeing. Nothing I did could stop it. I just stood there and peed. I couldn't believe it was happening. I looked down and saw a puddle in the road and my soaked pants and was completely horrified. I WAS PEEING MY PANTS IN FRONT OF MY NEIGHBOR'S HOUSE!!!!

I think at this moment, I really realized I am 37 weeks pregnant. I have a baby pushing on my bladder. I have no bladder control anymore. I am going to be the mom that crosses her legs when she laughs or coughs or sneezes to keep from peeing. Well, as soon as my bladder had decided it was done, I sprinted across my lawn to our door. I didn't think I was capable of running at all at this point in my pregnancy, let alone being able to sprint with soaked pants...but with enough adrenaline, it can be done.

I still can't believe it happened. I can't believe I majorly peed my pants in front of someone else's house. I immediately threw my clothes in the wash and took pretty much the longest shower I've ever taken. All the while, trying to accept the events that just took place. I hope no one saw, but if they did, I hope they got a good laugh, or just thought my water decided to explode/break. Oh my gosh, I peed my pants and now I'm telling everyone. What the heck has happened to me?

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha that is so awesome I love it!! I pee a little every time I sneeze if that makes you feel better. Oh and I totally peed my pants at girls camp one time! It is totally fine!! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha what a great story! I'm sure this will happen to me multiple times when I'm pregnant :)

    ReplyDelete