Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Nesting?

I had an epiphany a couple of weeks ago. I was racking my brain trying to figure out why I was so sad and gloomy all the time. Then it hit me...I'm NESTING but I can't actually nest!! I want to prepare for this baby but I don't have anything to do about it! I don't have a nursery to decorate/organize, clothes to wash and get ready, money to buy fabric to make anything for her, extra money to stock up on food, etc. I know a lot of women deep clean when they start to nest, but it's kind of difficult when you're in a house furnished with other people's stuff, especially when that stuff is very unique and fragile. I don't want to touch anything! They have traveled the world and their decor has been brought from all over, so the last thing I want to do is start moving things around and messing with the priceless gems.

Even though I haven't been able to fully satisfy my nesting need, it was really nice to identify where the depression was coming from. Now I just remind myself that hopefully after my shower, I will be able to dive into baby prep a little bit more. On Sunday, we went to my parent's house for Easter. My mom and I worked really hard after church to get all the cooking/baking done. It was the first time I completely enjoyed baking and being on my feet for that long. I think I got a little pent-up energy out. It felt really good!

Also, I am ecstatic that spring seems to finally be making its arrival! I went for my walk outside today and it put me in the BEST mood! I have never been more anxious for spring. It felt like it would never come! I think I might even find a nice place outside to read my book today.

Finally, I noticed I got quite a few visits to my blog after I posted my food post and then removed it. I got a little embarrassed and shy after I posted, but if you'd like to know what it said, I have copied and pasted it below.


"With just over a month left (less than a month now!), I am starting to look forward to eating some food I sure have missed. Here is what I plan on eating absolutely as soon as possible after Ellie arrives.

1. Rare Steak. I really don't like fully cooked steak, but it's better than nothing.
2. Deli Sandwich. I have never really LOVED deli meat but oh man, I saw a deli sandwich at the grocery store yesterday and my mouth seriously started to water.
3. Hot Dogs!!!!!! At least the cheap kind. I'm tired of having to buy the expensive nitrate free dogs, even though they are incredibly delicious.
4. Pepperoni Pizza, oh how I have missed you. Plain cheese is just not as satisfying.
5. Brie. I want brie so bad!
6. Bacon, bacon, and more bacon. Specifically the bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit from McDonald's. Oh my I hate to admit that is like my favorite breakfast sandwich ever.
7. Lots of chocolate, darn stuff has started giving me heartburn!

Alright, that list seemed WAY longer in my head. Now it almost seems silly to post, but oh well. :)"

I would like to add that I know that some women still eat a lot of the foods on this list. However, I still avoid them after doing my own research and deciding that the risk (even if very minimal) is just not worth the added worry. I am also adding cookie dough to the list. I got an overwhelming craving to eat a huge chunk of dough when I was making sugar cookies on Sunday. It was so hard to not give in!

No comments:

Post a Comment