Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sewing for Baby

Seeing as I never post pictures on this blog (now I remember why, they take forever to upload), I thought I would take a break from my regular posts and show my projects for baby! 
 Some swaddling/receiving blankets. There's a third muslin one (which is really gauze...I don't know why on earth they call them muslin swaddle blankets) that's dark brown but it's being washed. My mom bought me the cute fabric on the right. That heart decorative stitch took soooo long and tons of thread. I was so happy to have that finished!
 A little swaddling thing. I fell in LOVE with this fabric. I knew I had to make something with it.
 Burp cloths with leftover scraps. I made a carseat cover with the minky but it's in Mathew's car (all prepped for the ride home after delivery!!!). I guess it will get it's own post sometime.
 More scrap burp cloths. Below is the back of the burp cloth that's on the left.

 Diaper strap. Pinned this on Pinterest months ago and finally made it!
 Sleep Sack. I bought this fabric years ago and finally found a use for it. Sorry about the sideways shot, I promise these last two were flipped before I uploaded them.
 Nursing cover! With a convenient little pocket (bottom right). Not sure what it's for, but I'm sure I will find out haha.
 Okay, this is an old project. It was my very first attempt at free-motion quilting. I made it in a home decor class two years ago. It got me hooked on free-motion. And of course wonderfully soft minky on the back. :)
 Lucky I chose a girly fabric!


And finally, the completed cross stitch bear quilt. I can happily say that this one did NOT take me 8 years like the boy version. I finished this back in January but kept forgetting to take a picture of it.

 Super bummed that I accidentally chose a thread that was too light to quilt with so you can't really see all the hard work, but oh well. 
I stippled most of it because I didn't want too much distraction from the bears, but in that skinny flower border in the pic just above this one, I did hearts to add a little variety. 

No comments:

Post a Comment