Thursday, February 7, 2013

Routine

Little Ellie is starting to settle into a routine. One day a few weeks ago she started moving like crazy. I just sat and watched my belly move all over the place. It made me giggle...a lot. Then the next day I anxiously awaited for her to wake up and do it again. (It's pretty addicting to watch) But there was nothing. No movement. I tried everything from juice to ice water to poking and wiggling and relaxing on my side. She was not budging. I didn't really feel like anything was wrong, but I couldn't help but get worried. I didn't know if I was ignoring a sign to go to the doctor. I decided to just relax and try to not worry. Well after she didn't really move the next day, I figured I would call the doctor. They brought me in right away and her heart beat was as strong as ever.  Apparently she was just snuggled in the back of my belly somewhere being all stubborn. The next day she came back to life and moved all over again. Then the next two days she was mellow again...then the next day wild. She must wear herself out pretty good on the active day! I'm glad to know this is becoming a routine so I don't panic when she doesn't move hardly at all for a day or two.

We have bought pretty much all of the big things for her. We've been really lucky with some of the things we've found on sale.

(http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Trend-Playard-Victoria/dp/B006Y1PKPY)
We found this pack and play on major clearance at our Wal-Mart. It was a spur of the moment purchase but we are SO glad we snatched it up.

(http://www.evenflo.com/product.aspx?id=395&pfid=5427)
Found this travel system for a great price and grabbed it too. We intended on getting gender neutral gear but we couldn't resist this one (even Mathew wanted this one more than the turquoise one). :) 

(http://www.sears.com/delta-childrens-upholstered-glider-and-ottoman-vintage-espresso/p-04917734000P)
This was just purchased yesterday thanks to some much needed help from my wonderful parents. We have been searching and searching for a good deal on a good quality glider. While Mathew was in class/doing homework/living on campus, my dad and I went to literally every single furniture store in Idaho Falls. I sat in so many chairs and some of them are NOT so easy to get out of with an ever growing belly. Finally, we found this on a great sale and had an additional coupon for the store. Score! We snatched the very last one up and now I can stop stalking craigslist and the bulletin board. We figured we had done pretty much all of the research possible to justify taking the plunge and committing.

Luckily, the house we're living in has a couple rooms we don't use much. The piano room is quickly filling up with all of her big things. We can't resist setting them up the instant we get them inside so we're glad to have a place to put them without them being in the way! Can't believe she will be here in less than three months!


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that travel system! So totally Candace!!! haha I am thrilled for you! Mamahood is the absolute best! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete