Saturday, September 17, 2011

New Experiences

I'm not sure what exactly I want to write about today. I'm sitting at our apartment waiting to head over to the church. Tomorrow is the primary program so today is the rehearsal. I think I forgot to mention before that I got a new calling! I'm the primary pianist. I absolutely loooove it. I've always wanted that calling, ever since I was in primary. It's so fun to be down with the little kids, especially when one of the really little ones makes some adorable comment. I couldn't have asked for a better calling right now. It gives me something to look forward to all week.

Today I'm going to try new things. I'm going to can peaches, make peach jam, and make homemade french bread. I'm nervous and excited. I'm learning a whole lot of new things since moving to Blackfoot. I've learned how to pick/wash/freeze fresh raspberries from Mathew's mom's garden. I've also helped with husking/bagging fresh corn from Mathew's family's corn field. I've learned to prepare weekly meal plans and follow through with them. I'm going to learn to crochet. I bought a book and a hook and everything. It's been quite a little adventure for me.

My second weight loss journey began as well. I have to say, this time around has been MUCH more difficult. My previous experience, I was single, had lots more weight to lose, was on my feet almost everyday at JCPenney, was eating what my mom prepared, and was able to really focus on my goal. This time has been way more difficult. I'm married, which equals making food Mathew will enjoy instead of making overly healthy food, it also equals bc, also equals not feeling like I need to improve myself to impress the BYU-Idaho men. Also, I have less weight to lose so it's not coming off as easily, I'm at home all day and only have so many things I can do on my feet. Anyhow, after that long list of why it's hard, I'm happy to say, I have lost 3.4 pounds. I know, it's a seemingly insignificant number, but it's a huge accomplishment for me. The first couple weeks I was trying to lose weight, the scale literally would not budge. It was stuck so I'm just so happy to see at least a little movement. I still have about 9 pounds to go to be where I want to be but I feel like it's possible now. I feel like after that 9 pounds I can maintain it. I know I should probably be smaller than that, but it would be really difficult to maintain. Of course I'll always try to stay healthy and then if my body feels like it wants to drop a few pounds, that's great, but if not, at least I know I'm healthier.

2 comments:

  1. Anyone who has or has tried to lose weight knows that 3.4 pounds is NOT insignificant! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Candace! 3.4 pounds is always something to celebrate. It's 3.4 pounds in the right direction toward your goal! It's slow going for me too, but I'm feeling so much better, and stronger, so I'm happy as can be :)!

    ReplyDelete