Tuesday, June 21, 2011

All-nighter....almost

I've talked about my pattern making class before correct? Well it's probably the most difficult, time consuming, awesome class I have. I seriously learn SOOOOO much and feel like the subject is seriously going to benefit me. Well, today we had our mid-term design project due...even though midterms was a while ago. We had to design a pattern, then make the pattern, then construct it. I designed a dress with princess seam lines on the front and back, and a circle skirt. I loved my fabric and was pretty happy with the pattern. I wanted to keep it fairly simple so it wouldn't be a nightmare to construct. I was successful at it not being a nightmare but it was waaaay more time consuming than I was expecting. I was up till 1 a.m. working on it and had to be on campus be 7:15 to print off my pattern envelope and stuff.

This post is really just another shout out to Mathew. He stayed up the WHOLE time with me. I told him many times he could go to bed but he never did. He sat by me on the couch and was so patient. He even helped me work on the pattern envelope while I sewed. We took a little break and walked to get ice cream. (We felt better about eating it since we were walking :)...) We also watched Little Rascals while I worked. It meant tons to me that he stayed with me. Even though the whole time I just felt horrible because he was so tired.

Then this morning I was running a little late (surprise) and completely spaced bringing the ribbon to go with my dress. I panicked but Mathew just dropped me off, turned the car around and went home to get it, then dropped it back off to me within like 20 minutes. I don't know where I would be without him. He's exhausted but hasn't complained even once.

Okay I know it's probably not that exciting to read about how much I love and appreciate my husband but I needed to do it.

Here is a picture of my project. I forgot to get one of it on the dress form but hopefully I'll get one later. It looks a lot better on the dress form but oh well. Oh and it's half scale...so it's really small.

 Front
Back

1 comment:

  1. Candace you never cease to amaze me with your awesomeness :)

    ReplyDelete