Thursday, February 27, 2014

DIY Project

We have been desperately in need of a new tv stand for about a year and half. When we first got married, we got my grandma's old tv and stand that it was on. It was one of those old heavy box tvs. It was great to me! It worked! Well, Mathew wanted a big tv for so long. At last, we were very fortunate and were able to get a snazzy giant tv that I have always felt was too big for us, but he loves it so I'm okay with it. Just kidding. I love it too. But really, at first, it was just too big.

Since we were poor, we just put it on that tv stand we already had. It drove me crazy!! The tv stand was too small for the other things that go along with the tv. The stereo and speakers were always on the sides on the floor, and the xbox had to be on top of the stereo. The blu-ray player was the only thing was a "place." Then when we got to Oregon, we added a cable box and internet router to that and I simply could not take it anymore. Something had to be done!

The old tv stand...without all the junk surrounding it. We were already in the process of switching it out.

We searched for a good tv stand that would work for us, but couldn't find anything. Nothing could fit the speakers, which was my main motivation for getting a replacement. So, since I'm surrounded by talented and crafty people, I got inspired and decided to remake something! Initially we planned to find a dresser to redo, but my friend and I went to Goodwill and found a desk that was perfect! I did have my doubts about it several times after we bought it and I was nervous that it wasn't going to work. But Mathew and I worked hard on that thing. We sanded, painted, and mod podged and turned that old desk into a tv stand that we LOVE. It's perfect and we couldn't be happier with how it looks! And I couldn't be happier with having all the dang things in their own place and the speakers off the floor. So without any more rambling by me, I give you a before and after:

Totally spaced taking an actual before picture. This is the desk in Goodwill-ignore the black thing and white thing on top.

 Ta-da!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment