Saturday, November 16, 2013

There's one thing I miss...

I hope this will be my LAST post about sleeping. Ellie sleeps now and it's amazing. I'm remembering what it's like to have energy during the day. I don't feel like a zombie. I don't wake up several times a night to screaming. We don't have to rock her back to sleep...and strangely, that's the part I miss.

I don't miss the fight to get her to sleep and stay asleep, but there have been a few times that I have found myself longing to rock my little girl to sleep and hold her in my arms. I miss seeing her eyes get heavy as sleep overcomes her. I miss that snuggle time. I think the past few nights and naps, I have started to subconsciously extend her wind-down time. I have started singing longer, and rocking more, just trying to get back some of those special calm moments with her. There is nothing like holding a sweet sleeping little angel. She has a fireball personality when she's awake, which I love, but it's so nice to see that peaceful relaxed look in her when she is asleep.

I'm grateful for the sleep we are all getting now, but some days I just really want to go pick her up out of her crib and hold her for just one more nap. That's the one thing I miss...holding her and watching her sleep.

1 comment: